Fat Princess's First Update (1.02) was released August 7, 2009 in North America, August 13 in Europe, and August 14 in Asia. It contained fixes for many of the lag and connection problems that plagued the game at its release. It also tweaked class balance and other small game aspects.
- Ice Mage and Dark Priest area attacks net 2 points rather than 10 for every enemy affected.
- When a player (not a Worker) returns Resources, they get 10 rather than 20 points.
- Feeding The Princess now nets not 20, but 15 points.
- Castle doors have slightly less health (25, rather than 30 points)
- The princess now burns calories faster at a heavier weight